Paul Walker Images comprises husband and wife team, Paul & Kathryn Walker. A dedication to delivering not just a consistent level of photography but also a high degree of customer service has seen the establishment of our photography business and in the minds of our customers, a team that can be trusted.
Our preferred stye of photography is for the images and people present to document the, "life" and natural emotions of the day, rather than fake smiles or over-posed imagery that makes you feel uncomfortable. We will obviously ensure that you are photographed in nice lighting, avoiding drain pipes coming out of heads and being conscious to subtly direct where needed to ensure you look at your best. However this doesn't mean enduring longer than necessary for directed photography at the expense of missing out on time with your guests. Your timings and preferences and dislikes will be thoroughly discussed with you prior to any event to ensure that you received that tailored service.
We do not sub contract portrait bookings or weddings to other photographers, so you can always guarantee that Paul Walker will be the lead photographer on your special day. For all but very small weddings, Paul will also accompanied by Kathryn who will also take photographs and assist the bride and groom throughout the day when needed. This will give you the assurance that you will have the photographers that you met prior to your event and the photography style seen represented in our albums and wedding galleries.
Our style of editing is carefully considered so you won't see beautiful architectural buildings that have been tilted in the camera and now look at though they'll topple over. Neither will you see over-edited or unrealistic skies or an overuse of gimmick Photoshop "effects" that may pass today yet in a month's time will have really dated. All of our post production work is conducted by Paul (so no sending away to a third party) and this ensures we have that consistent look.
Like all photographers, receipt of the booking fee and completion of a booking form is confirmation that that the date is reserved.
We have no restrictions on travelling and have previously covered weddings in all reaches of the UK, and two international weddings to date.
We have many international couples that have used our photography services and have been based in the following countries: America, Canada, France, Portugal, Australia, New Zealand, Bermuda to name just a few. With modern methods of communication, you will certainly will not feel thousands of miles from us and we will do our utmost to help you with any logistics you may face with a wedding in Scotland or elsewhere in the UK. Furthermore we also have experience of international weddings, so if you wish for us to travel to you, that is also possible.
1. Ensure that you have seen complete weddings with less than ideal weather, rather than any best of wedding season collections or just a few from one wedding. Ensure that you are also looking at actual real wedding images and not some model bride and groom captured on a workshop or faraway destination! Also ensure you have seen lots and lots of images on any website to familiarise yourself with the style of photography being provided.
2. Be cautious with discount based or incentive wedding photography packages. A discount or package incentive will NEVER make up for poor photography, and it's far less likely to be a tailored service if you are just one of another 100 bride and grooms in any year on the conveyor belt.
3. Although not an absolute, you might want to look at the "About US" section of different photographers websites, does the photographer hold any qualifications or have years of experience or BOTH. Throughtout the world there are different photography organisations and the key ones have a qualifying structure moving through Licenciate, Associateship and finally, Fellowship.
4. Don't compare photography on price alone, as aside from the quality of photography and the cost of any albums which can differ tremendously dependent on the supplier, you are paying for the skill, experience and organsational abilities of any chosen photographer to make the day run smoothly, not to mention any of the planning or after care steps post wedding to make you feel that you have had a great service.
5. The industry is oversaturated with "photographers" so it's really important to take your time and think and look carefully at any shortlist of photographers that you are considering. Make an appointment if you can and not only assess the style but also ensure that you are comfortable with the team that are looking after you on the day. All our awards are from the main photography institutions, i.e. MPA, BIPP, RPS or SWPP, and not "industry awards" which have a reputation for being fake and are often run by syndicates wanting to sell tickets for big events. Yes, one of our colleagues was recently contacted for an award and he refused it saying, that he'd not shot a wedding in 18 months!
Yes, Paul is a full-time professional photographer and has qualified with three photographic organisations. He holds a "Fellowship distinction" from the Master Photographers Association, the British Institute of Professional Photography and the prestigous Royal Photographic Society. The Fellowship distinction is the highest attainable qualification from the any of the professional photography organisations.
We have both public liability and professional indemnity insurance. This is also a mandatory requirement of being a member of the Master Photographers Association, the main photography organisation for full time, professional photographers.
Yes, we have more than one back up, so rest assured, it would take an extraordinary clumsy day before we ask Grandpa if we can borrow his camera equipment?
We have worked with many companies now both across Ayrshire and Scotland, and have listed a few videographers on the links page that we respect highly for giving you a "balanced" account of your wedding day. Our style for the couple's shoot is to work uninterrupted and many videographers will work alongside us for a period of this time to capture a flavour, though it is worth checking whether any videographer specifically needs any dedicated time. If this is the case, this time will need to be planned in to the schedule.
Yes, many bride and grooms include a gift certificate on their wedding list for their guests to contribute to. This can either be deducted from any chosen wedding package or used after the wedding for any of our fine art wall products.
I'm afraid not, and sadly that legendary Paul Walker is no longer around. You may see me in Monsters Inc. though (only joking!)
We can reassure you that all of our bride and grooms featured throughout out wedding galleries are from real, actual weddings and not simply model commissions hired for a bridal photoshoot.
I'm afraid not, you'll need to speak to the band.
I'm afraid we cannot hold any specific dates, unless a wedding booking fee has been paid. This applies to potential bride and grooms that many have visited us. We receive many enquiries and expressions of interest in certain dates of the year and it is only once a booking fee has been paid (either in-person, over the phone, or via bank transfer) that any date is securely reserved. After many years in the wedding industry, this is the fairest system and is used by almost all of the photographers we know.
For all enquiries, please either telephone 01292 442 431 or use the form below.
Alternatively email .
We will endeavour to respond to all enquiries as soon as possible though for weekend wedding dates it's probably advisable to call to check our availability.