Frequently Asked wEDDING Questions FOR PHOTOGRAPHY
What style of photography will you bring to our event?
Our preferred stye of photography is for the images and people present to breathe, "life" and true emotions rather than fake smiles or over-posed imagery that makes you look silly. We will obviously ensure that you are photographed in nice lighting, avoiding drain pipes coming out of heads and being conscious to subtly direct where needed to ensure you look at your best. However this doesn't mean enduring longer than necessary for directed photography with technically perfect images at the expense of bored individuals who can no longer find that natural smile that everyone loves. Hence your timings and preferences and dislikes will be thoroughly discussed with you prior to any event to ensure that you received that tailored service.
If we book our photography with Paul Walker Images, who will actually be photographing our event?
We do not sub contract portrait bookings or weddings to other photographers, so you can always guarantee that Paul Walker will be the lead photographer on your special day. For all but very small weddings, Paul will also accompanied by Kathryn who will also take photographs and assist the bride and groom throughout the day when needed. This will give you the assurance that you will have the photographers that you met prior to your event and the photography style seen represented in our albums and wedding galleries.
If you cannot photograph our wedding because you are already booked - what top 5 tips would you give?
1. Ensure that you have seen complete weddings with less than ideal weather, rather than any best of wedding season collections.
2. Be cautious with discount based or incentive wedding photography packages. A discount or package incentive will NEVER make up for poor photography, though it will add a date in the diary for a photographer that is either struggling for bookings or you are just one of 100 bride and grooms that will not get the tailored service or aftercare.
3. Look at the "About US" section of different photographers websites, does the photographer hold any qualifications or have years of experience or BOTH. Throughtout the world there are different photography organisations and the key ones have a qualifying structure moving through Licenciate, Associateship and finally, Fellowship. These distinctions should not be confused with member of organisation - which indicates the photographer has simply joined the organisation.
4. Don't compare photography on price alone, as aside from the quality of photography and the cost of any albums which can differ tremendously dependent on the supplier, you are paying for the skill, experience and organsational abilities of any chosen photographer to make the day run smoothly.
5. The industry is oversaturated with "photographers" so it's really important to take your time and think and look carefully at any shortlist of photographers that you are considering. It would be even better to make an appointment and not only assess the quality of photography but also ensure that you are comfortable with the approach and manner of whoever would have that responsibility on the day.
How do we book Paul Walker Images for our wedding?
Like all photographers, receipt of the booking fee is confirmation that that the date is reserved.
How far will you travel for any wedding?
We have no restrictions on travelling and have previously covered weddings in all reaches of the UK, and two international weddings to date.
We are based abroad, does this present any problems?
We have many international couples that have used our photography services and have been based in the following countries: America, Canada, France, Portugal, New Zealand, Bermuda to name just a few. With modern methods of communication, you will certainly will not feel thousands of miles from us and we will do our utmost to help you with any logistics you may face with a wedding in Scotland or elsewhere in the UK. Furthermore we also have experience of international weddings, so if you wish for us to travel to you, that is also possible.
Are you a qualified member of any professional photography Associations?
Yes, Paul is a full-time professional photographer and has qualified with three photographic organisations. He holds a "Fellowship distinction" from the Master Photographers Association, the British Institute of Professional Photography and the prestigous Royal Photographic Society. The Fellowship distinction is the highest attainable qualification from the any of the professional photography organisations.
Do you hold any insurance?
We have both public liability and professional indemnity insurance. This is also a mandatory requirement of being a member of the Master Photographers Association, the main photography organisation for full time, professional photographers.
Do you have any back up camera equipment in case your main camera or lighting equipment fail?
Yes, we have more than one back up, so rest assured, it would take an extraordinary clumsy day before we ask Grandpa if we can borrow his camera equipment?
We are considering a videographer, what advice would you give?
We have worked with over 25 different companies now both across Ayrshire and Scotland who have a great understanding of both disciplines. We have listed a few videographers on the links page that we respect highly for giving you a "balanced" account of your wedding day with "unique video footage" captured in addition to those mutually recognised stages of the day that look great in both stills and video. Many are members of the highly respected, Institute of Videography which is recognised as the UK-based organisation dedicated to raising the standards of video production and professionalism within the industry.
Is it possible for guests to contribute to our wedding photography fee as part of our wedding gift list?
Yes, many bride and grooms include a gift certificate on their wedding list for their guests to contribute to. This can either be deducted from any chosen wedding package or used after the wedding for any of our fine art wall products.
Did you star in the movie "Fast and Furious"?
I'm afraid not, that is a different Paul Walker who also shares the same name. You may see me in Monsters Inc. though (only joking!)
Do you feature models within your wedding galleries?
We can reassure you that all of our bride and grooms featured throughout out wedding galleries are from real, actual weddings and not simply model commissions hired for a bridal photoshoot. You can be reassured that it will give you a far more realistic representation of our photography.
Can you guarantee that Brown Eyed Girl, Stuck in the Middle with You, or Build me up Buttercup will not be played at our wedding?
I'm afraid not, you'll need to speak to the band.
Can you hold our wedding date?
I'm afraid we cannot hold any specific dates, unless a wedding booking fee has been paid. This applies to potential bride and grooms that many have visited us. We receive many enquiries and expressions of interest in certain dates of the year and it is only once a booking fee has been paid (either in-person, over the phone, or via bank transfer) that any date is securely reserved. After many years in the wedding industry, this is the fairest system and is used by almost all of the photographers we know.